As you may know, we are a visual company. We believe in “Visual Content is King” rather than “Content is King”, simply because not all type of content can hold the 3-year old attention span that most of us have nowadays.
As I do my usual research, I always come across fascinating statistics that reinforce our idea of “Visual Content is King”. Today, I’d like to share those statistics with you.
Let me try and blow your mind with what I’ve stumbled upon!
- A case study done by Econsultancy showed that larger images of the products enticed 63% more visitors to click to start the bidding process. (Econsultancy)
- According to Expedia “Doubling a hotel’s online pictures can result in 4.5% take-up and $3.50 higher Average Daily Rate (ADR)” (Josh Saunders, 2013)
- 67% of consumers consider clear, detailed images to be very important and carry even more weight than the product information, full description, and customer ratings (MDG Advertising)
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content — photos and videos — saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Simply Measured)
- Larger images increased sales by 9.46% (Visual Web Optimizer)
- 49% of leisure travelers were prompted to visit the website of the advertiser after watching an online travel video (Google Travel Study 2013)
- Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts. (SEOmoz)
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business that has an image show up in local search results (MDG Advertising)
- A Hundson Crossing study showed that 7% of US hotel guests stopped short of booking a reservation because of inadequate or insufficient visual content (Harteveldt, 2013)
- According to PhocusWright, professional photos are used during travel shopping by almost 50% of US online travel shoppers (Gasdia & Rheem, 2012)
- Travelers are 150% more engaged with listings that have more than 20 photos than with properties that have only a few photos (TripAdvisor, 2013)
- 69% of business travelers watch online travel videos (Google Travel Study 2013)
And since we’re talking about visuals, here’s a pretty picture of the pool at the Zoëtry Casa del Mar los Cabos
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!