The use of mobile devices in relation to travel is growing from the research/planning/booking stage all the way to the trip itself. New data from AppLift and Priori Data tells us just how much mobile is shaping the travel industry. This data further confirms that hotel marketers must have a strong mobile strategy and presence.
1. 52% of travel-related browsing is on mobile
2. 59.2% of travelers who book trips via digital means will do so using a mobile device in 2017 (compared to 43.8% in 2015)
3. 44% want their smartphones with them on vacation to organize their trip more efficiently
4. 37% use it for booking an accommodation on-the-go
5. 72% use their smartphones to look for restaurants on vacation
These statistics tell us that travelers are increasingly more reliant on their mobile devices in all phases of the travel process. In order gain an edge and engage more travelers, your travel brand must allocate sufficient time and resources to forming a competitive mobile offering.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS