User-Generated Content (UGC) has become a widely-used tactic in marketing across a plethora of industries, including travel and hospitality. If you’ve been thinking of incorporating UGC into your hotel marketing strategy, these statistics will prove that it can increase engagement and even bookings.
1. Brand engagement increases an average of 28% when users when users are exposed to a combination of user created product videos and professional content. (comScore) This shows the importance of a well-rounded marketing plan including both professional and user-generated content.
2. Ninety-three percent of consumers consider UGC to be helpful when making a purchasing decision. (Adweek)
3. Marketing campaigns containing UGC result in 29% higher web conversions than campaigns without it. (3dcart)
4. UGC is 20% more influential than any other type of media when it comes to influencing Millennial purchases. (Business2Community) Sharing this type of content is a great way to reach and influence this coveted consumer demographic.
5. Seventy percent of consumers trust online peer reviews and recommendations more than professional content and copy. (The Guardian)
Brands can get started by encouraging their hotel guests to share content that they can then leverage to attract more guests. It’s important to guide consumers in their content sharing efforts. After all, over 50% of consumers want a brand to tell them what type of content to create and share, but only 16% of brands actually do. (Adweek) Get creative when coming up with what you want your guests to share and look to other brands for inspiration!
ICE Portal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS