Memorial Day Weekend having just passed marks the unofficial beginning of summer. This means that many consumers across the globe will be packing up and heading out on vacation at some point over the next three to four months. Think with Google recently published a study that aimed to get into these consumers’ mindsets. The following information can help travel marketers understand what travelers are looking for in order to effectively reach and convert them online.
1. People research more on mobile than on desktop for family vacations, luxury travel and couples travel/honeymoons.
2. Forty-four percent of people planning their summer trips anticipate using a mix of devices to plan their vacation. Therefore, having your website optimized for use across all types of devices is imperative in order to give consumers a positive user experience.
3. Inexpensive travel options are growing in importance with top searches including: “Inexpensive family vacations” and “Affordable honeymoon destinations in U.S.”
4. Searches related to family vacations have shown the strongest growth year-over-year.
5. Sixteen percent of those who are researching summer trips will plan most of their activities on the fly, while they are at their destination. This shows the importance of engaging travelers during their trip.
Taking these trends into consideration can help to formulate your travel marketing plan for the summer and attract travelers to your hotel, destination, etc.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS