Thanksgiving Travel 2018
We’ve reached that time of year where holiday travel is everyone’s minds (or at least those within the travel and hospitality industry.) The Thanksgiving holiday travel period for 2018 is defined as Thursday, November 15 through Sunday, November 25. Take a look at these interesting Thanksgiving travel statistics.
1. 50.9 million Americans will journey 50 miles or more away from home this Thanksgiving (a 3.3% increase over last year.)
2. Eighty-nine percent of travelers are planning a Thanksgiving road trip.
3. Consumers will pay the cheapest average airfare since 2013.
4. 3.95 million travelers will fly by air (a 5% increase from last year.)
5. Thanksgiving Travel by other modes (train, buses, cruises) is expected to increase by 1.1% from last year (1.48 million travelers.)
this and save some money on holiday travel.
Best day to fly
Thanksgiving Day is the cheapest day to fly during this period, same as always. Sure, no one wants to fly on the holiday itself but that’s why prices are less crazy. Tip: Fly out as early as you can on Thanksgiving Day and you won’t miss a minute of the feast or the football game. And always, always compare airfare prices on several airline and booking sites.
Worst days to fly
• Departure: Wednesday (Nov. 21) is usually the worst day to begin a Thanksgiving trip but this year, flying on Tuesday (Nov. 20) is equally bad.
• Return: Sunday (Nov. 25) is the worst day to head back home. Saturday (Nov. 24) and Monday (Nov. 26) are both expensive but not quite as bad as Sunday.
How bad are these worst days? Fares for pre-Thanksgiving Tuesday/Wednesday flights are currently running from 50 to 130 percent more than Tuesday/Wednesday flights the week before the holiday.
ICE Portal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month. we distribute 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in twelve languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We have real-live humans
that answer the phone and would love to hear from you.