We’ve reached that time of year where holiday travel is everyone’s minds (or at least those within the travel and hospitality industry.) The Thanksgiving holiday travel period for 2017 is defined as Wednesday, November 22 through Sunday, November 26. Take a look at these interesting Thanksgiving travel statistics for this year from AAA.
1. 50.9 million Americans will journey 50 miles or more away from home this Thanksgiving (a 3.3% increase over last year.)
2. Eighty-nine percent of travelers are planning a Thanksgiving road trip.
3. Consumers will pay the cheapest average airfare since 2013.
4. 3.95 million travelers will fly by air (a 5% increase from last year.)
5. Travel by other modes (train, buses, cruises) is expected to increase by 1.1% from last year (1.48 million travelers.)
ICE Portal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!