Metasearch has seen tremendous growth in the last year and will continue to play a pivotal role in hotel marketing in 2018. Wikipedia defines a meta-search engine as a search engine that sends user requests to several other search engines and databases and aggregates the results into a single list or displays them according to their source. Travel advertising company, Koddi, recently did a survey involving digital marketers from a variety of different types of travel companies. Here are some interesting statistics they have released regarding travel metasearch:
1. Marketers predict a 30-40% increase in metasearch traffic over the next year.
2. Eighty-two percent of those surveyed saw high returns from metasearch over the past year.
3. Over half of those surveyed said they would be spending 20% or more of their advertising budgets on metasearch.
4. Forty-nine percent of those surveyed consider ROI and ROAs to be the best indicator of success.
5. Forty-five percent said revenue and bookings are the best indicator of success.
6. Competitive pricing can lead to a 10-15% average decrease in cost per click.
7. Forty-three percent of users want to see more video content.
According to this research, advertising on metasearch can be beneficial for hotel marketers and should be utilized in order to stay competitive and increase bookings.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!