Hotel Photo Distribution on all GDSs (a How to)
First of all, in order to increase hotel bookings on all global distribution systems, it is imperative for hoteliers that their hotels’ visuals are being displayed properly. When uploading your images for distribution, a number of steps can be taken to optimize your listing.
Use the following Hotel GDS Checklist:
• Categorized and sub-categorized your visuals according to OTA standards.
• For desired captions all image files should be saved with categories in their name. Photos with incorrect captions or no captions at all will not promote as much engagement as those with appropriate captions.
• With hotel photo distribution on all GDSs, be aware of the different standards for each GDS. All meta-data should be mapped correctly so they are reflected on each channel.
• Similarily, you must tag all visuals with corresponding meta-data. This will ensure relevant consumers see your listings and increase your bookings.
• Above all, make sure your images meet quality and resolution requirements to avoid rejection. Images that do not meet particular standards should be updated.
• Finally, you should chose the proper cover photo carefully. Optimizing cover images for click-through can generate up to a 100% overall improvement in click-through rate.
Check out this video to see how IcePortal can do all of this for you.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month. We distribute to 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in twelve languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or visit IcePortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!