Has it happened that you spend money and time uploading your hotels photos and videos into a platform that will distribute them to the OTA’s; and you wait impatiently for your images to go live across all channels, just to find out that they are not displaying properly?
Even worse, you MANUALLY upload each one of your visuals, on all of your selected OTA channels; and after countless hours, they are not displaying accurately enough. (Seriously, if you upload your photos manually, I hope you know you can avoid this with other, much simpler and automated options).
Some of the most common errors that you may encounter when distributing your visuals are:
- Your images are not categorized properly.
- Incorrect captions, unsaved captions (photos with caption “IMG215”) or no captions at all.
- When updating property visuals, not all changes are displayed equally across all OTA’s.
- Some images lack static data and therefore are not curated properly (e.g.: information on room amenities, location, type of food served in restaurant, etc.)
- Rejected pictures due to poor quality.
- Your listing has the wrong cover photo, or logo.
- Your images do not accommodate mobile screen sizes.
Small things like having the proper cover photo on your listing can make a huge difference, believe it or not. A study conducted by Intent Media claims that optimizing cover images for click-through can lead in some cases a 100% overall improvement in click-through rate.
In order to avoid these issues, and a headache, you’ll need to:
- Make sure that you are capable of categorizing and sub-categorizing your visuals. You’ll need to know what the OTA categories and sub-categories standards are.
- Ensure all image files are saved (in your system) with desired captions. That way, when you upload your photos, the file names will be pulled from your images and used as your captions automatically.
- Provide proper meta-data for your visual assets.
Hotel Photo image standards
- Inform yourself on the different standards that each OTA may have in regards to image sizes and resolutions.
- Ensure your visuals are of required quality and resolution. If you don’t satisfy the standards, my friend, you’ll have to get new production of visuals….- Don’t give me that face… it will only benefit you! In fact, here’s a blog we posted on why travelers may not like your visuals.
- Ensure the order of your visuals is correct, and that you have selected the proper cover photo.
It seems a little overwhelming and a lot of information to take in; but having accurate photos on all of the OTAs will take a tremendous amount of stress of your shoulders, as well as increase your probabilities of having more direct and indirect bookings.
Of course, you don’t have to do this alone. The truth is, we can do all of this for you. You won’t have to worry about specs, standards, image sizes, formats…or anything else!! View the below video and find out more:
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month. We distribut to 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in twelve languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. A real human will answer the phone and will love to hear from you!