- Your photos are too small
This one is a no brainer! With consumers viewing photos of your properties on desktops, smartphones and tablets, it’s important to provide large images that are look good on every platform. Smaller photos gives consumers the impression that it’s not important how your hotel is represented. Don’t give consumers the wrong message or they’ll book elsewhere.
- Larger images increased sales by 46% (Visual Web Optimizer)
- Professional hotel visuals were sought out much more frequently than visuals provided by users (Cornell, Eye Tracking Study 2014)
- There’s not enough photos
Hoteliers need to provide enough visual content to get consumers engaged, keep their engagement and convert those engagement to bookings. This is your chance to provide consumers with a comprehensive view of your property, from your guest rooms to amenities. Don’t underestimate the power of visuals, images are among the top 3 features travelers look for when doing initial research. (The 2013 Google Traveler)
- Travelers are 150% more engaged with listings that have more than 20 photos than with properties that have only a few photos (TripAdvisor)
- Doubling a hotel’s online pictures can result in 5% take-up and $3.50 higher Average Daily Rate (Expedia)
- Your photos are outdated
There’s nothing worse than checking into a hotel room after a long day of traveling to find out that the guest room you were expecting is not the guest room you booked. Out of date photos deceives consumers, who will write negative reviews, deterring future consumers. Consumers will book elsewhere if they are provided with insufficient visual content and negative reviews.
A few updates in your visuals can result in higher engagements, more bookings and a better reputation as a hotel that understands the importance of visual content, especially when it comes to marketing their hotel.
How are your visuals looking?
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS