The heavily competitive landscape in the travel industry makes it difficult for marketers to create hotel brand ads that appeal to and will convert travelers online. Recent research from Phocuswright and Bing tells us what content stands out in consumers’ minds and on which platforms. These statistics can help travel marketers understand what’s important to travelers and how they should be advertising to achieve maximum bookings.
• Hotel brands with search ads on OTAs have a 10-50% higher click rate than brands without an ad.
• Approximately 80% of travelers use digital media and search to compare travel products and prices, with 83% purchasing travel items online.
• Search engines Bing and Google were cited as influential to 56% and 46% of those surveyed, respectively.
• Over half of all travelers who recalled seeing travel ads on Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Pinterest said those ads were very or extremely influential.
• 71% of travelers recalled seeing online travel ads when planning their last trip…
• Of those travelers, 49% recalled seeing a visual or picture…
• 41% recalled a price or deal…
• 37% recalled a personalized ad.
• 71% of elite loyalty members found hotel brand ads to be helpful in planning their trip.
ICE Portal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!