Travelers’ expectations of hotels are undoubtedly evolving as trends in the hospitality industry change. Deloitte recently released a report that dives into the opportunity areas for hotels in upcoming years. More specifically, they discuss the different roles that hotels must play in order to stay competitive. The following bullets will further explain these different roles in order to help hotels moving forward.
• Curator (integrator of experiences) Hotels should offer guests different options of rooms and experiences based on their desired mindsets. Personalization enhances the quality of the guest experience.
• Matchmaker (integrator of people) Hotels should help guests to feel a personal connection and like they are part of a network wherever they are. Facilitating different interactions between guests makes them feel that traveling is worth it (especially for business travelers.)
• Neighbor (integrator of cultures) Hotels should incorporate the local community and culture into the guest experience. A good balance between and authenticity and brand consistency is important to maintain.
• Architect (integrator of spaces) Hotels should offer guests greater flexibility for where they can stay so they can explore particular locations. Guests should also feel at home in a hotel while having space to work if necessary.
• Choreographer (integrator of processes) Hotels should be more involved in the decision making phases by making booking processes more seamless. A smooth and personalized booking experience will help to build loyalty.
For ideas on how to go about implementing these strategies, read the full report, “Hotel of the Future.”
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS