In the last few years, photo-sharing social media platform, Instagram, has skyrocketed in popularity. To be exact, Instagram’s user count hit 600 million users in December 2016, providing a huge network of consumers to be influenced and marketed to. This presents a great opportunity to hotel marketers to reach new guests and communicate with existing ones. Check out these statistics that highlight the tremendous growth of Instagram and prove why it’s a necessary part of your marketing:
• 55% of 18-to-29 year olds are Instagram users
• U.S. adult Instagram users have doubled since 2012
• 300 million daily active users
• It is used by 48.8% of brands, a number that is expected to increase to 70.7% by 2017
• There are more than 500,000 advertisers growing their businesses on Instagram
• Top brands post 4.9 times per week
• 5% of Instagrammers take action after being inspired by a post (visiting a website, searching, shopping or telling a friend)
• The app has been downloaded more than a billion times on Android devices worldwide; more than 8 million times on Apple devices worldwide
Since visuals are essential to increase bookings, it is beneficial for hotels to take advantage of every opportunity to show off their high quality images and videos. As more hotels are joining Instagram every day, it is becoming a “must” in order to stay relevant in such a highly saturated market.
All statistics taken from websitebuilder.org
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!