Producing good quality and viral videos is continuously being simplified! There is no excuse for hoteliers not to possess this incredibly effective and viral asset. Even mobile technology nowadays allows us to capture videos of excellent quality , and with social media it’s possible to make them popular in just minutes. What’s easier than that?
Videos are one of the most effective ways to keep people interested and wanting more, not to mention it will make them differentiate you from your competitors.
Below are 12 statistics that will encourage you to increase your efforts in the creation of one of the most effective visual assets in terms of visual content marketing:
- One of YouTube‘s executives told a conference that around 90% of all web traffic will soon be video. (Tnooz)
- 45% of leisure and 72% of business travelers said they were prompted to book as a result from watching videos online while travel planning. (Google and Ipsos MediaCT)
- 52% people post photos and videos during their travels (NewMedia TrendWatch)
- Travelers look-to-book conversions when videos and 360’s are present increase up to 18% on OTAs and 13% through your website. (Hotelseeker A/B Test)
- 21% explicitly use online videos as a resource for planning their travel. (Tnooz)
- Amongst top online activities for travelers 31% watched a video (NewMedia TrendWatch)
- People spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them (Sprout Social)
- 89% of leisure travelers said to watch online videos (Tnooz)
- 54.6 million people viewed videos from their mobile devices (BrainShark)
- 50% of social media users are likely to view a videos posted by a brand they follow (Magnet Video)
- Streaming video delivers nearly three times higher brand awareness and message association (Authentic Holiday Films)
- 93% of business travelers watch video online (Google and Ipsos MediaCT)
If you’re still hungry for stats, make sure to check out this infographic we created on what your hotel’s visuals mean to travelers
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!