Online video has become an exceedingly popular way to market products and services, especially for today’s hotels. Between website content, social media updates and distribution to OTAs, hotel video marketing can go a long way and reach users in numerous places. Here are a few statistics that prove that if you aren’t using video in your hotel internet marketing strategy, you should be.
• People’s attention spans don’t allow for any type of excessive consumption of text, so the best way to sell them on booking a stay at your property is to utilize video. After all, the information retained in one minute of online video is equal to approximately 1.8 million written words (Forrester Research.)
• Bookings are 67% more likely to happen when a video tour is available (hotelmarketing.com,) proving that video is necessary to increase hotel bookings.
• 46% of people say that seeing a product or service mentioned in an online video would encourage them to seek out more information (brainshark.) Therefore, videos can drive travelers to your website.
• In fact, 65% of business executives visit the hotel’s website after viewing a video (Forbes.)
• In 2017, 74% of all internet traffic will be video (E-marketing Associates.) Keeping up with what is relevant is crucial to your hotel marketing success.
This information is cause to believe that video is the next big thing in hospitality marketing, if it isn’t already. Telling your hotel’s story through video is the most effective way to convey all that you have to offer to prospective guests. It’s also a great way to stay relevant in a highly competitive market.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS