Is your hotel invisible amongst your competitors? Invisibility is booking kryptonite! The solution? Visual and rich media content! Visual content increases engagement, bookings and your hotel’s visibility. Your hotel may be invisible because of the following:
1) Your visuals are not curated
In order to increase searchability, it’s important to curate your content including visual content. Hotels that curate their visual content with demographic and relevant data increases consumer engagement. Curated content targets the appropriate audience that is looking to book your hotel. Provide business travelers with visuals of meeting rooms and your business center. Display relevant content to get consumers to your page, and eventually to your hotel.
- Relevant images increase your number of leads by 18% (ExactTarget)
- Curated content is more cost-effective than producing more original content (IcePortal)
2) Your visuals are outdated
Out of date photos will tarnish your hotel’s reputation, disappoint guests and damage your ratings. Don’t get left in the dust with old photos, replace them! Show potential guests that your property is one of value and provide a comprehensive amount of photos. Quantity and quality is key!
- 67%of consumers consider clear, detailed images to be very important and carry even more weight than the product information, full description, and customer ratings (MDG Advertising)
- Travelers are 150% more engaged with listings that have more than 20 photos than with properties that have only a few photos (TripAdvisor)
- Professional hotel visuals were sought out much more frequently than visuals provided by users (Cornell, Eye Tracking Study 2014)
3) You lack rich media
What is a top concern for consumers looking to book at a hotel? That they’re making the best choice. When using rich media and 360 tours you’re providing guests with an in depth look at your hotel. Highlight your amenities, restaurants, local attractions, guests rooms and more! Exceed their expectations.
- Hotels with a virtual tour achieved 135% increase in online revenue amounting to $7,200 per hotel per month over those without a virtual tour (IPIX)
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI (Emarketer)
- Websites with virtual tours are viewed 3 times longer than those without virtual tours (Visual Visit Bali)
How’s your visibility?
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS